Needs List & In-Kind Donations
YWCA is only able to accept donations of items from our needs list below. Items may be dropped off or shipped to YWCA Emergency Shelter.
3000 S. University Drive, Fargo, ND 58103
8am-5pm, Monday–Friday. Ring the buzzer upon arrival and staff will assist.
YWCA Cass Clay is grateful and overwhelmed by the community’s outpouring of generosity in donating used goods in support of women and children escaping violence and homelessness. We thank all who have donated in the past!
YWCA is now only accepting donations of urgently needed items and asks that all other used goods be delivered to our partner, Savers Thrift Store. YWCA donation bins have been closed. Through this approach, the YWCA team will focus on our mission of providing safety, support, and hope to families while receiving critical financial support from Savers for the items the community donates there.
- Kids’ Shoes (all sizes)
- Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex)
- Ankle & No-Show Socks (new)
- Twin- & Full-Size Mattress Pads (new)
- Twin-Size Comforters (new)
- Shaving Cream
- Hair Conditioner
- Hand Soap
- Body Lotion
- Toilet Brushes & Cleaner
- Disinfecting Wipes
- All-Purpose Cleaner
- Bleach (scented and unscented)
- Brooms & Dust Pans
- Mops & Buckets
- Garbage Bags
- Dish Scrubbers
- Dish Soap
- Glass Cleaner
- Magic Erasers
- Shower and Bathroom Cleaner (ex. Soft Scrub)
Food & Medications
- Non-Perishable Food Items
- Boost or Ensure
- Electrolyte Packets
- Adult Multivitamin
- Prenatal Vitamins
- Vitamin D
- Aspirin, Tylenol (adult & children’s),
& Ibuprofin (children’s)
- Allergy Medications (adult & children’s)
i.e. Claritin, Allegra, Benadryl
- Pepcid or Zantac
- Baby Powder
- Diapers (size 6)
- Girls’ Socks (new, all sizes)
- Kids’ PJs (sizes 5/6 – 18/20)
- Girls’ Clothing (sizes 5/6 – 18/20)
- Boys’ Shorts (size 4T)
- Baby Monitors
- Women’s Underwear (new, sizes 5-7, 11, 14-16)
- Bras (new/like new, size 32B, 42D, 42DD, 42DDD, 44DD)
- Women’s Shorts (all sizes)
- Women’s Pajamas (size 2XL+)
- Women’s Professional Blouses/Shirts (size XL)
- Women’s Black Dress Pants (sizes 16-28+)
- Women’s Leggings and Sweatpants (sizes M, L, 2XL)
- Women’s Jeans (sizes 3-5, 26+)
- Women’s Tennis Shoes (all sizes)
- Women’s Dress Shoes (flats/low heel only, all sizes)
- Other Women’s Shoes (sizes 5-6½, 8-8½)
- Bath Towels
- Dishwasher Pods
- Laundry Pods
- Twin, Full, & Queen Sheet Sets (New/Gently Used)
- Water Bottles (new)
- Alarm Clocks
- Phone chargers (all brands)
- Bus Passes (valid, not expired)
- Gas, Phone, & Grocery Gift Cards
Shopping on Amazon
You can easily donate items from our needs list by shopping online on our Amazon Wish Lists and shipping directly to the Shelter!
Additionally, select YWCA Cass Clay as your favorite charity on smile.amazon.com and Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases every time you shop.
Host a Donation Drive
Thank you for your enthusiasm to help women and children in crisis. A donation drive at your business, club, or church will make a valuable difference to women changing the course of their lives. Things we may take for granted are vitally needed by women escaping domestic violence and poverty.
“Thank you, and please know what this means to me. I can’t remember the time I last had six pairs of underwear all at one time.” – Shelter resident
There are typically 65+ women and children at the emergency shelter, and another 75 in our supportive housing and human trafficking units – and they need many practical items. Most things? They’re exactly the same as those you need for your own health and hygiene, or to run your own home!
Beyond the items we need all the time there is room to get creative. A particular time, we might need women’s bras and underwear (new, with tags on), or seasonal items for our kids at the shelter at Christmas or swimsuits and sunscreen in the summer. If you want to hold a drive that’s themed around particular needs rather than a general donation drive, contact the YWCA Volunteer & Donations Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-232-3449 for current needs or ideas particularly suited to your team!
We want your giving passions to be fulfilled as practical items are supplied for women and children.
HOW DO I PLAN A DRIVE WITH YWCA?
- Contact the Volunteer & Donations Coordinator at email@example.com or 701-232-3449 to alert us about your drive, find ideas of what to collect, and learn about our latest urgent needs.
- Request the YWCA Cass Clay logo for use on posters and promotions.
- If you wish, we can provide fact sheets about the shelter or come and talk to employee groups about our inspiring mission.
- Send promotional materials to YWCA for final approval to ensure consistent branding and correct information.
- Finally, discuss with our Volunteer & Donations Coordinator a drop-off date to plan smooth delivery to the shelter. We like to recognize these gifts and often announce them on our social media.