YWCA is only able to accept donations of items from our Urgent Needs List.
YWCA Cass Clay is grateful and overwhelmed by the community’s outpouring of generosity in donating used goods in support of women and children escaping violence and homelessness. We thank all who have donated in the past!
YWCA is now only accepting donations of urgently needed items and asks that all other used goods be delivered to our partner, Savers thrift store. YWCA donation bins have been closed. Through this approach, the YWCA team will focus on our mission of providing safety, support and hope to families while receiving critical financial support from Savers for the items the community donates there.
Savers Thrift Store is located at 1623 38th Street SW, Fargo, ND 58103.
Urgently needed items may be dropped off at YWCA Emergency Shelter
3000 S. University Drive, Fargo, ND 58103
8am-5pm, Monday–Friday or ordered online and shipped to the shelter
Urgently Needed Items
- Diapers (size 6)
- Pull-ups (size 3T-4T and 4T-5T)
- Hygiene Items (full-size and travel-size shampoo, conditioner, liquid face soap, saline contact solution, toothpaste, etc.)
- Paper Products, especially Toilet Paper (Kleenex, toilet paper, paper towels, etc.)
- Food (canned/frozen meat, tomato sauces, rice, noodles, fresh produce, dairy, eggs, coffee)
- Hand Soap
- Cleaning Products (disinfecting wipes, all-purpose cleaner, etc.)
- Towels (bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths)
- Brooms and Dust Pans
- Mops and Buckets
- Garbage bags
- Women’s Underwear (new, sizes 7 and 11)
- Bras (sizes 34B, 38C, 38D)
- Cold & Flu Medications
- Full & Twin Size Mattress Pads (new)
- Twin-Size Sheets
- Full-Size Bedding (new)
Hosting a Donation Drive
Thank you for your enthusiasm to help women and children in crisis. A donation drive at your business, club, or church will make a valuable difference to women changing the course of their lives. Things we may take for granted are vitally needed by women escaping domestic violence and poverty.
“Thank you, and please know what this means to me. I can’t remember the time I last had six pairs of underwear all at one time.” – Shelter resident
There are typically 65+ women and children at the emergency shelter, and another 75 in our supportive housing and human trafficking units – and they need many practical items. Most things? They’re exactly the same as those you need for your own health and hygiene, or to run your own home!
Beyond the items we need all the time there is room to get creative. A particular time, we might need women’s bras and underwear (new, with tags on), or seasonal items for our kids at the shelter at Christmas or swimsuits and sunscreen in the summer. If you want to hold a drive that’s themed around particular needs rather than a general donation drive, contact the YWCA Volunteer & Donations Coordinator at email@example.com or 701-232-3449 for current needs or ideas particularly suited to your team!
How do I plan a drive with YWCA?
- Contact Volunteer & Donations Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-232-3449 to alert us about your drive and gain last-minute needs or ideas.
- Request a YWCA logo if you want one for posters and promotions.
- If you wish, we can provide fact sheets about the shelter. Or we can come and talk to employee groups about our inspiring mission.
- Finally, discuss with our Volunteer & Donations Coordinator a drop-off date to plan smooth delivery to the shelter. We like to recognize these gifts and often announce them on our social media.