Donate used clothing and household items to help women and children escaping domestic violence and homelessness. Things you no longer need are reused and kept out of landfills.
YWCA Donation Bins are placed throughout Fargo, Moorhead, West Fargo, Horace, and at YWCA. You can drop items at any hour of any day.
Donations may also be dropped off at Savers: 1623 38th St. SW, Fargo.
What to donate
- Clothing | Any & all clothing for women, men, and children
- Linens | Curtains, tablecloths, sheets
- Shoes | Athletic, heels, boots, flats
- Media | Books, records, videos, CD’s, DVD’s
- Accessories | Jewelry, purses, wallets
- Stuffed animals
What not to donate
- Construction materials
- Flammable products
- Automotive parts
- Items that don’t fit inside
The emergency shelter accepts donations during the weekday hours of 8am-5pm.
A bin is also outside the shelter for your convenience.
All furniture or large donations must be pre-arranged with a designated staff member due to space limitations
Donation Bin Locations
A Child’s World & YWCA Admin Office | 3100 12th Ave N, Fargo, ND 58102
Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota | 4510 13th Ave S, Fargo, ND 58103
Bremer Bank | 1444 45th St S, Fargo, ND 58103
Cash Wise Foods | 4907 Timber Pkwy S, Fargo, ND 58104
Gate City Bank | 3100 25th St S, Fargo, ND 58103
Gate City Bank | 3800 51 Ave S, Fargo, ND 58104
Living Waters Lutheran Church | 4451 40th Ave S, Fargo, ND 58104
RDO Equipment Co. | 700 7th St S, Fargo, ND 58103
Savers | 1623 38th St SW, Fargo, ND 58103
Stamart Travel Center | 3500 12th Ave N, I-29, Fargo, ND 58102
YWCA Emergency Shelter | 3000 University Dr S, Fargo, ND 58103
Azool Shopping Center | 40th Ave S & 8th St S
Gate City Bank | 2929 20th St S, Moorhead, MN 56560
Trinity Lutheran Church | 210 7th St S, Moorhead, MN 56560
West Fargo Locations
Lutheran Church of the Cross | 1402 16th St E, West Fargo, ND 58078
Cash Wise Foods | 755 33rd Ave E, West Fargo, ND 58078
Furniture for Less | 110 Sheyenne St, West Fargo, ND 58078
Stone Pointe Plaza |Chestnut Dr & Co Rd 17 S/170th Ave SE
Hosting a Donation Drive
Thank you for your enthusiasm to help women and children in crisis. A donation drive at your business, club, or church will make a valuable difference to women changing the course of their lives. Things we may take for granted are vitally needed by women escaping domestic violence and poverty.
“Thank you, and please know what this means to me. I can’t remember the time I last had six pairs of underwear all at one time.” – Shelter resident
There are typically 65+ women and children at the emergency shelter, and another 75 in our supportive housing and human trafficking units – and they need many practical items. Most things? They’re exactly the same as those you need for your own health and hygiene, or to run your own home!
Beyond the items we need all the time there is room to get creative. A particular time, we might need women’s bras and underwear (new, with tags on), or seasonal items for our kids at the shelter at Christmas or swimsuits and sunscreen in the summer. If you want to hold a drive that’s themed around particular needs rather than a general donation drive, contact the YWCA Volunteer & Donations Coordinator at email@example.com or 701-232-3449 for current needs or ideas particularly suited to your team!
How do I plan a drive with YWCA?
- Contact Volunteer & Donations Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-232-3449 to alert us about your drive and gain last-minute needs or ideas.
- Request a YWCA logo if you want one for posters and promotions.
- If you wish, we can provide fact sheets about the shelter. Or we can come and talk to employee groups about our inspiring mission.
- Finally, discuss with our Volunteer & Donations Coordinator a drop-off date to plan smooth delivery to the shelter. We like to recognize these gifts and often announce them on our social media.